Sunday 6 May 2012

Artist Research Allison Lynn






process, 2011



My work consists of a wide variety of ceramic and embroidery techniques. I make large installation concept pieces as well as a range of jewellery. I love the variation of both scale and technique and enjoy diverse projects. My main influences are age, decay and
my own life experiences. I often use recycled materials and shapes from found objects.

Pressed flowers and pieces of polished shell are used to represent organic life and the fragility of nature. I want to question the way we look at nature and show its beauty in a different way. These parts are not the first thing noticeable, but encourage the viewer to look more closely at the piece.

I collect used fabrics and often combine these in my work. Hand dyed silks and organzas play a large part and I use shibori techniques to create shapes. I enjoy ageing fabric by burning and heat setting, these work particularly well with old coat linings that have already aged naturally. I combine these techniques with high-fired porcelain painted with lustre and silver to create a diverse collection of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment